See a sample of our favourite client success stories.
Challenge: Aligning strategy, sales and service to achieve growth in a market dominated by large and influential competitors and clients.
Approach: A strategic shift from equipment supplier to solutions partner. Redefinition and refinement of segmentation, targeting and value proposition. Sales and Marketing knowledge exchange to provide a two-way market feedback loop and shape communications execution.
- Customer-centric strategy
- Sustained year-on-year growth
- Increased alignment between sales & marketing
Challenge: Help a business that had achieved light-speed growth to reaffirm their values before taking on big new markets where the competition already has a foothold.
Approach: Listen and learn the back story. Primary and Secondary market research to understand the end-consumer. A new value proposition, brand refresh, customer journey mapping and market penetration strategy.
- Strategy, positioning and international go-to-market plan
- Customer journey map and associated asset build
- Digital transformation through a global intranet, extranet & eCommerce engine
Challenge: To align six dental practices across New Zealand behind the founders values and deliver better outcomes for patients. To make the organisation less dependent on founders and ready to scale.
Approach: Define and document purpose, goals and patient value. Build a strong organisation and brand focused around customer centricity. Implement streamlined processes, systems and structure across all practices to ensure consistent delivery of highest value.
- Implemented a strategic board
- A more resilient, structured, documented business
- Increased customer centricity and value
Challenge: Shape an already successful organisation to become a fully-fledged hotel group, centred around the customer.
Approach: Internal stocktake of culture, systems and process from the boardroom to the broom cupboard. Market research. Value Proposition design. Processes, scorecards and objectives set at every level of the organisation. Brand refresh. Portal and property-level websites. Marketing comms execution.
- An accountable, robust business culture focussed on value creation
- Organisational alignment through new structure, strategic processes, and new set of score cards
- Replicable framework for growth to expand the chain
Challenge: Take a business with incredible internal culture and turn it into a value proposition to gain competitive advantage in a red-ocean market. Attract and retain good-fit staff.
Approach: Understand the culture and leadership. Understand the customer. Develop a differentiated value proposition, translate through brand and take to market.
- A strategy and playbook that aligns staff and customers
- Bold, differentiated positioning that is centred on value creation
- A business that steps up
Challenge: Implement a new brand and grow revenue for a Wanaka based climbing business. Develop a long-term strategy to keep the business sustainable in an industry that has been predicted to decline.
Approach: Develop a guest focused strategy through emotional values rather than competing on product and price.
- Customer-centric strategy, market position, brand and digital communications
- 37% increase in on-line revenue
- 67% increase in order value
Challenge: Client needed to stand independent from TOP10 holiday parks after heavily investing in upgrading their park to a holiday resort; and wanted to create long term growth strategy.
Approach: Clarify and refine a clear value proposition by shifting to their strategy from product to customer centric. Align marketing and digital to communicate value to target markets and distribution channels. Create a pricing strategy to maximise yield and occupancy.
- 10 to 1 ROI on total engagement
- 36% increase in online reservations
- Continued growth year on year
Challenge: In an industry that is overwhelmed with travel options how does one luxury travel company stand apart from the others and increase bookings and dollar value of high net worth travellers?
Approach: Define the intrinsic value that our client offers outside of the “holiday package” market. Develop a separate strategy for the owner of the company as the definitive expert in the luxury travel market.
- Increased industry awareness as a leader in bespoke luxury travel.
- Increased bookings
- Guest ratings continue to describe their holiday as the “best of a lifetime.”
Challenge: Taupo based yachting excursion company suffered a terrible blow. One of their yachts ran aground, instantly halving their business potential. A new vessel was acquired but it didn’t fit the sustainability brand values. With the clock ticking towards summer an entirely new value proposition had to be developed to maintain their eco-friendly reputation.
Approach: Drive campaigns to target market segment. Develop new products and propositioning for new vessel while maintaining continuity with the over-arching brand.
- 20% increase in total bookings YoY.
- 35% contribution of new vessel to total bookings within 3 months.
Challenge: An incredible property that was being sold as an overnight luxury lodge, rather than a destination in its own right, with some misaligned guest expectations.
Approach: Define who the customer is, understand their journey and develop a go to market strategy and positioning. Build a clear value proposition, a brand and an innovative digital strategy that attracts the right guests and is understood by trade distribution channels.
- 975% increase in revenue from digital channels within 12 months
- Increased average length of stay
- Guest feedback rating grown to 4.8 stars / 5
What we do
How we do it
Using extensive research techniques, we develop a strategy designed to accelerate your growth enabling you to meet goals and maintain a sustainable, profitable business.
Together, we'll take an in-depth look at your business and customers then take these insights and craft them into a cohesive strategic plan to help your business reach its full potential.
Set up your business for success and improve performance by ensuring that you set the stage and have the resources and capabilities that you need to support your strategic goals.
You’re the expert on your business and we’ll work closely with you to make sure your entire organisation is pointed in the same direction, set up to succeed, and ready to hit the ground running.
Today, customers have the power. Customers have options and the resources necessary to compare. This is why it's so important to build your organisation around a great customer experience and make them want to do business with you .
This is where it all comes together. We combine your knowledge, our expertise, and data-driven insights to highlight the value you deliver to drive performance and achieve your business goals.
When you choose Blue Ocean we become partners, working as a team towards a common goal.